Greetings from ‘A pinch of lyfe’!!
In this blog mostly I have been sharing some tried and tested baking recipes with simple handy ingredients. Since last week, I was thinking to share some Indian traditional recipes too with all of you. Obviously, I would love to start with some of my tried and celebrated no fail recipes which I regularly make with utmost satisfaction. Kaju katali is one of those recipes which never fails me. Rich and festive yet very easy to make with quite a few easily available ingredients from your pantry.
Sharing here very easy method of making Kaju Katali. Do try it. I will be eagerly waiting for your feedback.
Category – Dessert.
Preparation time – 10 minutes.
Cooking time – 10 to 12 minutes.
- Kaju ( cashew nuts) – 1cup.
- Sugar – 1/2 cup.
- Cardamom powder – pinch of.
- saffron strands – 5/7. (Optional).
-Silver paper to decorate (optional).
- Take 1 cup of cashew nuts, grind them and make fine powder. The tip is not to grind continuosly for more than 1 minutes. Keep checking while grinding your cashews. They must not grind to the extent when they start leaving oil. After grinding it to powder, sieve it to get even texture.
- In a thick bottom or nonstick pan, add 1/2 sugar, 1/4 cup water and boil it till it gets one string consistency.
- Now add cashew powder, pinch of cardamom powder and saffron strands. Mix it well.
- keep stirring till it gets thick – a dough like consistency.
- Grease a butter paper with ghee and place your cashew dough on it.
- Cover it with one more greased butter paper keeping the greased side inside and roll it till it gets your desired thickness.
- Put off the butter paper and cut your kaju katli in diamond shaped pieces.
- Decorate with silver paper. The rich festive delicacy is ready to serve.