A warm welcome on ‘A pinch of lyfe’ on this breezy freezy day!! 😊
Yes! Mornings nowadays are very cold at my town compared to rest of the times of day. Still, today it feels better that it isn’t much foggy at least. Cool yet clear. Chillingly pleasant. And I am making it even more pleasant by doing some of my most favourite things. Coffee, music and munching. That too in a little different way – reading music, baking munching – cookies and sipping coffee in between. 😄 Just done with the first batch of my cookies.
‘Chhoti si kahani se’. An awesome collection of articles on the songs composed by the one and only R. D. Burman. Par excellence! A book in hands, coffee in your mug and freshly baked flavourful cookies in a tray just besides you. What else would you need to start a lovely leisurely day!!😇
Recipe is inspired from my very talented baker friend Deekaha Pathak’s ( Dee’s platter) cookie recipe. I have made some changes as per our taste and availability of ingredients here at my place. Posting here the same – Wheat flour cookies with kasoori methi ( fenugreek leaves) flavour.
Category – Snack.
Preparation time – 10 minutes.
Resting time – 2 hours.
Baking time – 25 minutes.
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 1 TBSP.
Semolina – 1 TBSP.
Corn flour – 1TBSP.
Baking powder – 1/2 TSP.
Red chilly powder – 1/2 TSP.
Cumin seeds – 1/2 TSP.
Carom seeds – 1/2 TSP.
Dry fenugreek leaves – 1 to 1.5 TBSP.
Salt to taste.
Butter – 1/3 cup.
Milk – 2 TSP approx.
- In a bowl take wheat flour, rice flour, semolina, corn flour, salt, red chilli powder, dry fenugreek leaves, cumin seeds, carom seeds and baking powder. Mix everything very well.
- Take chilled butter, cut it into small cubes, add it into the flour mixture and mix it well with your finger tips until the whole mixture gets crumbly.
- Now add approx 2 TSP milk and bind a dough. You can add one more TSP milk if you’re unable to bind the flour mixture together. All we need is a hard yet workable dough.
- Put your dough on a plastic wrap and cover it completely. Place your dough in fridge at least for two hours so that all the flavours get infused in it quite nicely.
- After two hours take the dough out and let it come to room temperature to make it workable.
- Place your dough between two sheets of butter paper start rolling it.
- Keep it’s thickness as per your wish, cut the cookies of your desired shape and size and prick them with help of a fork or a toothpick.
- Transfer your cookies on a baking tray and bake them in the preheated oven for 25 minutes approx on 160 degree.
- Take the tray out of oven. Let your cookies cool down completely.. Fill your breakfast tray or cookie jar with this refreshing baked goodies..😊😊