Greetings of the day!
It’s pretty cold morning here at my town. Tender rays of adolescent sun are struggling to win the game against mighty fog but I guess it will take an hour or two to take over. Chilling cool breeze is blowing through the half opened window and I am taking my double dose of coffee.😇 Thought to share one more favourite recipe of mine with all of you. Cookies again.. 😄 yeah.. A recipe for eternal coffee lovers like me. And that too made with whole wheat flour and very few handy ingredients as always.
Double chocolate cake, double chocolate chip cookies, double cheese pizzas, double cream milkshake… Why everything double?!
Because we love it so much that just single would not be enough for us. We can’t get over whatever we love immensely. Most of us have at least that one thing in life that we love love love and can never say no to that. Many like myself would have a big list of such things. And one the toppers in my favourite list is coffee..😇♥️. I never say no to coffee. I can live on just coffee for hours or days. I can have coffee at any time of the day/night. Also I can have the double dose of coffee anytime. What about you?! You too?😄
Posting one method of having such double coffee treat. Nah! Not to add double coffee powder and make it beaterer. Nope! You can take a sip of coffee and you can take a bite of coffee. Heaven..
Just try these crunchy coffee cookies. Very simple method and least ingredients to make with. Mostly handy. But outcome is just awesome! Do try and give me your feedback here. I will be waiting. 😊
Category – Snack.
Preparation time – 15 minutes.
Baking time – 25 minutes.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup.
Salted butter – 1/2 cup.
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup.
Instant coffee powder – 2 tsp.
Corn flakes – 3 to 4 tbsp.
- In a bowl, take 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Add instant coffee powder in it. I generally add coffee powder while grinding sugar so that it mixes well.
- I have added 2 tsp coffee powder because I just love that prominent, bitter aroma and taste of coffee. You can lessen it if you are not a coffee addict like me. 😁
- Start whisking them with an electric beater/ wire whisk/ spatula. Keep whisking it until it gets light and fluffy.
- Now add 1 cup whole wheat flour and whisk it nicely to mix everything well. Your dough is ready.
- From that dough, make cookies of your desired size and shape.
- In a plate, take cornflakes and crumble them a little. Didn’t grind them as we don’t want powder like texture.
- Roll your cookies in crumbled cornflakes. It will give a nice crunch to your cookies.
- Place them in baking tray and bake in a preheated oven on 160 degree for approx 25 minutes.
- After taking out your cookies from oven, let them cool down completely. And then store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy with tea or have a coffee double dose.😄
- Happy baking.. ❤