Hey lovely folks!!
Tell me, are you a coffee lover or a tea totaler?
Me? Well.. though, coffee is an eternal love, still love to have tea sometimes. Specially in winters. In my district, winter gets chilling during December – January. And during this time I never say no to a hot, strong ginger tea. You know, some traditional delicacy of ours go well with tea only. Be it hot and spicy methi na gota or gaanthiya, you can’t imagine to have without tea accompanying them. Gota and ganthiya are the dishes you will like to have hot and fresh only. Now if you’re having a ginger tea at office and niether you, nor anyone else would be able to go out to bring garmagaram Gota or Ganthiya, what to have with ginger tea?! I need something anyway as during winters, appetite gets as much high as the temperature gets low. So! these cookies would go as an anytime munch which has goodness of fresh ginger and lemon.
I have used very handy ingredients from my pantry and still the taste is so refreshing. Sharing my recipe have. Give it a try. You gonna like this for sure.
Category – Snack.
Preparation time – 20 minutes.
Baking time – 30/35 minutes appox.
All purpose flour – 1cup. ( 1 cup = 200ml).
Salted butter – 1/2 cup.
Icing sugar – 1/2 cup.
Rice flour – 2 TBSP.
Lemon zest – 1 TSP
Lemon juice – 2 TSP.
Finely grated ginger – 1TSP.
Ginger juice – 1 TSP.
- In a bowl, take 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup icing sugar. You can add powdered sugar instead.
- Start whisking them with the help of an electric beater or a specula. Keep whisking it until it gets light and fluffy.
- Now add 1 TSP lemon zest, 2 TSP lemon juice, 1 TSP ginger juice and 1TSP very finely grated ginger and mix everything well. After thst, add one cup all purpose flour and 2 TBSP rice flour. Whisk it nicely to mix everything well. Your dough is ready.
- Place your dough on a plastic wrap, cover it completely and put in the fridge at least for an hour.
- After an hour approx, take your dough out of the fridge. Lemon and ginger flavours are very well infused in your dough now and consistacy too is quite workable. Roll your dough by placing it between two parchment papers and cut out the cookies of your desired shape and size. I have cut my cookies with simple round cookie cutter. To get this impression on the top, I have pressed a crochet piece over the rolled dough just like we do for pie top.
- Now place your cookies in a baking tray and bake in preheated oven on 160 degree for approx 30/35 minutes approx. Baking time always depends on thickness of your cookies.
- After taking out your cookies from oven, let them cool down completely.
- Pick your mobile phone ( landline too would do), call your buddies and make a kadak, meethi chaai. Sour, sweet, spicy Lemon – Ginger shortbread cookies will go awesomely with equally sour, sweet, spicy gossip 😉 and of course, with your ginger tea in this chilled weather. Store them in a container and take it to your office/workplace like I did for litte hungers. 😁
Do try and forget not to give me your feedback. I will be waiting..🤩