Today bringing one of the most loved bake from my own archives –
Gulaab jamun cake..!!
Quite a rich, aromatic fusion delicacy!
If you are a sweet tooth, there would be hardly any chance of not liking Gulaab jamun. One the most loved Indian dessert having richness of milk solids (mava/ khoya) and some lovely fragrant flavours like saffron, cardamom and rose water. Gulaab jamun is the dessert you can get almost all over in India and in every seasons. It tastes equally awesome both the way – served hot or cold. Though I love my Gulaab jamuns hot even during summers. A big hot Gulaab jamun topped with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream is one of the most favourite dessert ever!
Before a couple of year approx, I saw this delicacy shared by someone on Facebook. I absolutely loved the idea and adopted for making my own version of the same. Since first trial only it became a big hit at my home. Everyone, who tasted it, just loved the taste and texture. And now I am stuck to this recipe. It surely is a royal treat during festivals and for special invitees. Do try this once and you would love to make it again and again.
Category – Dessert.
Preparation time – 15 minutes.
Baking time – 30 minutes approx.
Gulab Jamun Mix – 1/2 cup.
All purpose flour – 1/2 cup.
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup.
Milk – 3/4 cup.
Odourless oil – 2 tbsp. ( you can use clarified butter instead)
Butter – 1 tbsp.
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp.
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp.
Apple cider vinegar – 1/2 tsp.
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
Saffron strands – 9 to 10.
Rose water – 1 to 2 tsp.
Chopped Almonds and pistachios to sprinkle over the top.
In a bowl, sift all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda for 4/5 times.
– Now add the Gulabjamun mix to the sifted flour mixture, mix it well and sift again.
– Heat 3/4 cup milk. When it is heated up, add sugar powder, cardamom powder and saffron strands. Mix it till sugar dissolves completely.
– Now add oil, butter and apple cider vinegar and mix quite evenly with wire whisk.
– Finally add flour mixture to this milk mixture in batches. Also add rose water and fold gently. There should be no lumps in your batter.
– Pour the batter in a greased tin , decorate it with chopped almonds and pistachios and bake in a preheated oven at 180°c for 30 minutes approx. You will absolutely love the aroma it releases while baking.
– Take it out of oven demould and cut the pieces only when it cools down completely.